In his book, Today Matters, John Maxwell said there are a few areas on which we should focus today to insure success in the future. Here are the first six:
1. A Positive attitude…because today’s attitude gives you possibilities.
2. Good priorities…because today’s priorities give you focus.
3. Your physical health…because today’s health gives you strength.
4. A strong family…because today’s family time gives you stability.
5. Sharp thinking…because today’s thinking gives you an advantage.
6. Strong commitment…because today’s commitment gives you tenacity.
Similarly Jesus gave us a simple rule to follow for spiritual success in our lives. In Matthew 22 he said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment” (Matthew 22:37-38).
Love the Lord with all your heart because today’s love impacts others; today’s love equips you for God’s work in your life; today’s love can have an impact on current events, future generations, and eternity.
Have a Blessed Day!
John Mark Caton Ph.D