Research tells us there are five types of gift givers:
- The Procrastinators—they wait til the last minute.
- The Planners—they shop all year round and are always looking for the perfect gift.
- The Practical Givers—they only buy practical gifts, but often lack imagination.
- The Do-Gooders—they give gifts they think are best.
- The Pleasers—they are considered the perfect gift giver. Their aim is to give something the recipient would like or love.
Research continues to find that gift recipients are happier with gifts they’ve explicitly asked for or need.
Some 2,000 years ago, wise men found Jesus, and Scripture says, “They saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.”
Those wise men were the perfect gift givers. But before the gave their gifts, they bowed down and Worship Him. Let’s do the same this Christmas! After all, it’s what God wants most from us!