Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
- What are some things in your life that are true, pure, honorable, lovely or positive?
- What is happening in and around you that is worthy of praise?
- Do you naturally ponder the negative aspects or do you meditate on the good?
It is certain that thoughts will occupy your mind. You can either fill your mind with positive thoughts or negative. Think about it…
- You can focus on what is NOBLE and of excellent moral character OR on what is poor and unethical.
- You can focus on what is just, fair and reasonable OR on what irrational and unfair.
- You can focus on what is pure, decent and wholesome Or on what is tainted, adulterated and dirty.
- You can focus on what is of GOOD report OR you can focus on the negativity in the world.
- You can focus on things of VIRTUE, honor and value OR you can focus on the dishonorable and shameful traits that exist.
- You can focus on the aspects that are worthy of praise and admiration OR you can be critical and judgmental.
So what will your thoughts be today?
1 Peter 3:11 says: Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it.
Record your thoughts from today’s scripture: