I recently read an article on how to have a miserable Christmas–yes a “Miserable” Christmas.
Here’s a list of six things guaranteed to help make Christmas miserable.
- Head into Christmas exhausted and expose your temper and nerves to everyone.
- Overspend this Christmas trying to impress your kids with stuff that they will eventually throw away anyway.
- Focus the kids on what they’ll get for Christmas—not on what they could give.
- Do nothing for the poor. Make it all about you and your wants.
- Focus on what you don’t have, not on what you do have.
- Let the celebration of Jesus end at church.
But the Wise Men had a better plan for Christmas.The Bible says the Wise Men “saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him.Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.”